Monday, August 17, 2009

Progress

I know in my heart that Joey has made so much progress in the past year but it really has hit me in the last few days. I spoke to my cousin Dawn, a school teacher, the other night, and she said that she had seen so much progress from her visit last August to her visit this past May to even now, hearing him on the phone. That makes me feel so good. Today, I spend the day with my friend Anna who I have known for 6 years so she has known Joey since he was born. She also has a son who is almost 9. She commented today how much he has improved. When I think back to last October, when Anna and Shiloh came to visit, Joey barely acknowledged him. Today, he was running around with Shiloh and making eye contact and interacting with him...trying to get his attention and calling his name. Wow...what a difference.

It makes me feel so good to know that I am pulling Joey through the window. There is still a long road ahead of us, but maybe it's a little shorter now. I'm so thankful to have Bryan by my side to get me through this, to pick me up when I fall and to remind me that what Joey and I are doing is making a difference, even on the toughest days when it seems we are having a setback.

No comments: