Monday, October 20, 2008

Denis Leary Retracts Autism Comment

Ok...maybe I'll give the guy a break...

After reading his statement (below) and hearing about how he helps out Autism charities, I will cut him some slack.

"I thought I made my feelings about autism very clear: that I not only support the current rational approaches to the diagnoses and treatment of real autism but have witnessed it firsthand while watching very dear old friends raise a functioning autistic child.... The point of the chapter is not that autism doesn't exist -- it obviously does -- and I have nothing but admiration and respect for parents dealing with the issue, including the ones I know. The bulk of the chapter deals with grown men who are either self-diagnosing themselves with low-level offshoots of the disease or wishing they could as a way to explain their failed careers and troublesome progeny," Leary said.

As always, here's the link:
http://www.popeater.com/television/article/denis-leary-autism-comments/212051

No comments: