Saturday, April 2, 2011

Autism Awareness Day

April 2, 2011 is World Autism Awareness day. 1 in every 110 children born will be diagnosed with Autism. Chances are you either know someone who has Autism, or know someone who has a child with Autism. Please remember to wear something blue. A blue shirt, blue earrings, a blue ribbon.Children don't ask to be born with Autism, but they deserve care, understanding,and the same respect that any other child deserves.


Today, I honor my son Joey and give thanks to my husband and family who support me, along with my Autism Mom friends (and one Uncle), who refuse to give up for the children they love and who keep me going: Anthony Castillo, Jessica Aquino, Cindy Angarola, Stephanie DeMeo Coleman, Laura LeGrady, Candice Isaacson, and Candice Bundrick.

(I posted both paragraphs on FB and am posting my friends' comments so that I can read them when I need a pick me up).

#
#

*
Nick Helmick - You are one amazing woman Michelle! Joey is doing so good! He would not be where he is today without your constant support and push. Keep it up and Joey is going to go so far! Love you all!
7 hours ago · LikeUnlike
*
Michelle Hogan - Monica Martinez Archer! You are on that list too!!!!
7 hours ago · LikeUnlike
*
Michelle Hogan - Thanks Nick♥♥
7 hours ago · LikeUnlike
*
Beth N McCabe - Today I honor you.... I have never seen or had the pleasure of meeting such a dedicated, determined, hard working mother. You continue to astound me with all that you do. Joey is an amazing lil guy, and has acheived so much because of you!!! To you Michelle, I not only look up to, repect, and love you. You are one of a kind Mama!
7 hours ago · LikeUnlike
*
Michelle Hogan - Beth, thank you so much! That means a lot and it made me get a little misty:)
7 hours ago · LikeUnlike
*
Beth N McCabe - From the heart, its all true!!!!
7 hours ago · LikeUnlike
*
Nicole Baldwin - You're am amazing mom
6 hours ago · LikeUnlike
*
Jessica Aquino - Awwww :) No problem chica. We (parents of special needs children) need to support, care, and mentor each other. We where blessed with some amazing children!
6 hours ago · LikeUnlike · 1 personLoading...
*
Candice Isaacson - Alan told me today that you are the only one who truly gets it. I have to agree with your other friends that you are pretty amazing!!
about an hour ago · LikeUnlike
*
Michelle Hogan - Thanks ladies:) So much love and support! I love it! Candice, I miss you guys:(
about an hour ago · Like

No comments: