Saturday, January 22, 2011

Feeling official

This week has been interesting for me. I now have a full caseload at my job; I got to work on a poster for the functional analysis I helped out with in the Fall, that my manager will be presenting on in Washington D.C. next week; I started my first week back at school for my 2 final segments of my degree: my practicum and my applied project; and tonight, I joined ABAI (Association for Behavior Analysis International).

I also received an email stating that it was OK to apply for graduation.

At school, we are being called practitioners and I feel that the tone has changed. We are no longer students; we are apprentices, preparing for the field. It is an exciting time for me. As I make my way through this year, a lot will be determined. If I become a mother again, that will sideline my fieldwork for a while. If not, I will forge full speed ahead and prepare for my BCBA exam.

Either way, I know I will do great things by helping the wonderful clients I see everyday.

No comments: