Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Being asked by a friend to play at their house

When I picked Joey up at school today, he was walking out with Chase, like he does on moat days. They both asked simultaneously if Joey could go to Chase's house on a Saturday to play. This is the 1st time this has ever happened! He's known Chase since Kindergarten, and even though they don't see each other outside of school, Chase has been a good friend to Joey. They have a lot in common, including interests and the fact that their parents divorced when they both turned 2 (I don't think they realize that fact yet). I feel comfortable letting Joey go to Chase's house and that's huge for me. This afternoon, during the Asperger's seminar at SARRC, I thought to myself that I need to do more to give Joey more social opportunities. Maybe I was wrong?

No comments: