Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Frustrating EEG

Tuesday was our 2nd attempt at getting an EEG done. The first was last Wednesday. I sleep deprived him and myself and he wouldn't get near the table. This time, I had the neurologist prescribe a mild sedative that I would give him beforehand to calm him down. 1 1/2 doses later, he would still not get near the table. He was so scared that he was fighting sleep and when he did fall asleep, the slightest crinkle of the paper on the table woke him up. It's so hard to see your child crying and begging you to go home when you're trying to take care of him. I hate those times but I guess it comes with the territory.

I am in the process of getting it done at Phoenix Children's Hospital. Even though they won't sedate him, they are better equipped to work with him and get it done. I'll keep you all posted.

No comments: