Sunday, November 3, 2013

It happenend again....more school disappointment

I am seriously at a loss for words. I see that my son, who is at the top of his class in math, gets a 61 on a math test and I can't help but be pissed. You know why he scored a 61? Because no one read him the instructions, which is part of his IEP! He has progressed to a 2nd grade reading level which is great, but I am constantly told "he loses focus." I have respect for teachers but I am struggling with the concept that they cannot see past their own noses and change up their teaching style for an exceptional kid. Trust me....my son is not the only one who needs help, but because he is the one with the dx, he is now labeled as "loses focus" and "hard to teach." As sassy as I can be, I have been patiently waiting for this to get resolved. The best part is when, in Joey's meeting, I am asked "Do you think you could help our Behavior Interventionist with other kids? She's new." Ummm no. Try helping my kid first. I guess I'm going to have to get loud and risk Joey not having his variance approved next year. But at this point, I don't even know if we'd stay at Parkridge. Feeling disappointed.

No comments: