Monday, October 3, 2011

Some days, I wish I could just be "Mom"

Feeling overwhelmed by work, there are days, like today, where I could just be "Mom." yes, we need my paycheck, with my husband taking an almost $50k pay cut just to come home from Seattle. But lately, I've been feeling like I've bitten off more than I can chew. I want to help families of children with Autism - that is the whole reason I went back to school - but the road to my BCBA exam is proving almost as exhausting as grad school.

I will admit, I am jealous at times of the Moms that get to sit at home while their husbands are at home and all their kids are at school. But I also wonder if they fill fulfilled, knowing that their greatest accomplishment that day might just be finishing the laundry.

Don't get me wrong, there are many SAHMs that are super moms; but I also know my fair share of the lazy ones, who, much like our society, feel they are entitled to sit on their asses because they gave birth once or twice.

I know I am still new to the consultant role but I will eventually get to a point where things become easier to me I meet all deadlines with ease, and most importantly, I am Super Mom to my wonderful little boy.

No comments: