Sunday, September 2, 2012

Going the distance

As Joey was getting out of his bath tonight, I told him his Daddy texted me to see how he was doing. Joey quickly replied, "I miss Daddy so much. I want to spend a lot of weeks with him." He then asked me how many weeks Daddy had been gone and I said, "Probably about 25," and he responded with, "I want to spend 25 weeks with him."

I told him that Daddy would only be home for about 2-3 weeks, and he said, "make it 3."

He is growing so much in being able to talk about his Dad being gone and how he misses him. He gets excited when he talks about him. I don't think he harbors anger or resentment. I don't think he's capable of it yet. He shows true excitement for seeing his Dad. I love that.

I can't wait until his Dad returns home too, because I know it fills Joey's heart and completes him in a way that I never will. And that I should never try to. Every boy needs a Daddy, and my boy is extra lucky because he has 2.

No comments: