Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Playground friends

This was a tweet from yesterday:

"This morning Joey joined a friend on the playground. We waited all school year for this. It was amazing. I never use that word."

I drop Joey off for school every morning on the playground. There are about 4 weeks of school left. Over the past month, Joey hasn't looked for me to walk him all the way in. When the bell rings, he runs to get in line. He is so cute. This was a big move toward independence.

Yesterday, he walked a little ahead of me. He joined Andrew and then Nick on the playground. The bell rang. He ran from them. He never looked back to say goodbye to me. That's ok. Of course it stings but it was an amazing moment for his growth in becoming more independent and more social too!

I am so proud of my sweet boy!




No comments: