Tuesday, December 13, 2011

RIP Fuzzy Ice-T

Yesterday morning, I found it. At first I thought it was a pile of cat puke, like I find almost every morning. Then, I thought it was a chocolate doughnut with white frosting on it. Except when I picked it up, the frosting felt rather fuzzy.

The other night, Joey helped Bryan clean the hamster cages (last count: 13). One got away and I watche Cocoa, our dog, run across the family room with a male hamster in its mouth. I saved him, but when Joey saw the teeth marks in McDownie, he sobbed.

Well, my friends, it looks like another one had gotten out that we didn't realize. Ice-T, the only male in the second litter, white with black spots and a streak of brown, the smallest of the males and the only one with a touch of female brown fur...had met his fate.

Tonight, Joey was feeding his fuzzy hamster children before bed. I didn't have the heart to tell him about Fuzzy Ice-T's fate, especially after he was so upset seeing McDownie in Cocoa's mouth last week.

Maybe he won't notice...

No comments: