Wednesday, November 10, 2010

1 month from today

1 month from today I will be done with my course work for my M.Ed. in special education. It's been a tough year...1 with a lot of disruption from Joey's Dad being gone and his Step-Dad moving to WA and no break in school for me since January started. I look forward to being done with classes for a lot of reasons:
- due to new state licensure effective Jan. 1, 2011, I can't start counting hours towards the BCBA exam until I am done with my courses (Dec. 10th). 3 weeks is not enough time to get the certification in and I cannot be grandfathered in so my clock on 1500 hours resets December 10th!
- I can spend a lot more time with Joey. I am doing my best to give him a lot of one on one attention but I could always give him more. And I would love, that when he goes to bed, and most people retire to the couch to put their feet up and watch TV (if they haven't done so while their kids are still awake), I have to go back into my tiny, cramped office and pound away on the computer for hours. I'm happy to say that I am still getting all A's in my 4 classes...let's hope it stays that way:)

No comments: