Sunday, April 25, 2010

Joey's Hope...Center?

Watching The Doctors the other day and learning about Stephanie's Day, founded by a father of a girl with Autism. It is not a center but a place for resources. They put on resource fairs and provide a fun day for children with Autism.

I've been thinking of what I could do in the future. I've long complained that there are no resources on the west side of Phoenix. I work for the farthest west center that provides behavioral therapy and they are located in central Phoenix!

Maybe I could open a center where parents can get therapy for less than $50-100 an hour, which is the going rate. Maybe I could start a foundation that provides the therapy for free, through donations, for families in need. Maybe it could be a center where kids can play and have social interaction without pressure.

I don't know...it's just a thought...one of the many that swirl around my head on a day-to-day basis.

I entered this 2nd Master's program with the intention of helping families who can't afford behavioral therapy and that will always be my goal.

I like working for BISTA and hope to do a lot more with them once I get my BCBA. Maybe I can somehow tie in the two?

No comments: